Homefeeds Dog Food Score Rating helps you understand the quality of the food you are feeding your dog. We help cut through those confusing dog food labels and give you a much clearer picture to the quality of the diet you are using.
Using are extensive knowledge of dog food ingredients, we have devised a simple scoring method to rate any of the dry dog foods being sold in today’s marketplace. We looked at what the ten key components of what the best dog food should be, to ensure your beloved friend receives the healthiest diet possible, they are….
- The meat must be named and be the main ingredient.
- The named meat content must be over 20%.
- The named meat content is listed as either dried, meat meal or dehydrated.
- The oils, fats or gravy listed show the named animal origin.
- The food contains Glucosamine or Chondroitin.
- There are no meat and animal derivatives, or hydrolysed animal proteins.
- There are no derivatives of vegetable origin or protein extracts.
- States NO artificial preservatives, colourants or flavourings OR states all natural ingredients.
- Contains NO cereals, rice, white rice, wheat, barley, corn or maize.
- States product is hypoallergenic or gluten free or grain free.
Each of these key components scores 1 point, thus giving us the ability to rate any dog food out of 10. Your pet’s health and happiness depends on you and the food you choose, and in our opinion this “out of 10” rating helps to give you the ability to make an informed choice for you and your dog.
Rate my dog food
Simply fill in the form below by entering your name, email address and the full details of the dog food you wish us to rate and click submit.
We will email our rating back to you as soon as possible, along with any recommendations we may have.
It’s all part of the high levels of customer service that we offer to help you make informed choices on the best diet to offer your beloved family pet.
Examples of how brands are rated…
- BETA Adult with Chicken scores 0 out of 10
- WAGG Worker Beef or Chicken with veg scores 0 out of 10
- CHAPPIE Chicken or Beef with whole grain scores 1 out of 10
- TAYLORS Original Beef & Veg scores 5 out of 10
- HARRINGTONS Turkey & Veg scores 5 out of 10
- CARNILOVE Duck & Pheasant scores 10 out of 10
- ARDEN GRANGE Chicken & Rice scores 7 out of 10
- JAMES WELLBELOVED Turkey & Rice scores 7 out of 10
- ROYAL CANIN Mini Adult scores 2 out of 10
- BURNS Chicken & Rice scores 4 out of 10
- SKINNERS MAINTENANCE Field & Trial scores 4 out of 10
- DR JOHN Silver or Gold score 1 out of 10
- TAYLORS Signature ALL varieties except Mature score 9 out of 10
- PERO Chicken & Rice scores 8 out of 10
- GELERT Maintenance scores 7 out of 10
- TAYLORS Supreme Duck & Potato scores 8 of 10
Red = Avoid these diets – could contain very poor ingredients and may lack in nutrition
Orange = Whilst not the best, you can feel comfortable feeding if your dog is fit and healthy
Green = These are the healthiest diets you can feed your dog